Wetpaint, Seattle, WA August 2012 – Present
- Created configurable 3rd party like gate script used by Wetpaint and our partners which annoyingly blocked content but it increased facebook conversions.
- Built a machine learning service to determine the probability of a user liking us on Facebook given a set of features and only rendering the like gate if that probability given by the machine learning model was above a defined threshold.
- Built prototype for a live second screen web application where users could compete against one another answering trivia questions related to the show they were watching.
- Set up ads through dfp. Lots of weird 3rd party stuff.
Front End Web Developer
Aptimus, Seattle, WA August 2011 – August 2012
- Led team of 3 using Backbone and Google Closure to develop front end for educational services.
- Created multi variant testing platform for landing pages using Ext JS. I do not like Ext JS.
- Developed interactive map showing logins for University of Phoenix students across the world.
- Created components for University of Phoenix website using CQ5 CMS.
Web Designer & Developer
Jordan Crown, Everett, WA December 2009 – June 2011
- Worked directly with Cobalt in designing promotional landing pages for VW, Hyundai, Kia, Chevy, GM, and Buick.
- Built oil application selection guide for NOAA using Flex & Zend which gave users the most effective techniques for removing spilled oil depending on the environment.
- Provided design and front-end development for internal facing T-Mobile application.
- UX design for RFID touch screen inventory management system.
- Built sites from Photoshop design comps using WordPress as a CMS.
- Made 3D renderings detailing operational procedures for a client.
Clocktower Media, Kirkland, WA April 2008 – December 2009
- Built custom content management systems in PHP and ColdFusion.
- Converted design comps into HTML and CSS.
- Developed simple custom shopping cart solutions using Authorize.Net, PayPal & FreshBooks APIs.
- Developed front end for Microsoft Partner Network site.
- Contributed to development of PHP polling script for Classmates.com & Allrecipies.
- Used Flash to build Taco Bell promotional widget that gave visitors a coupon if the temperature peaked above certain point.
- Spent too much time working on my Flash skills because I thought it was the future of the web.
Web Content Administrator
ISSI Data, Bothell, WA October 2006 – March 2008
- Maintained product database that feeds product content on website.
- Created HTML marketing emails.
- Created seasonal graphics for website.
- Used Google Analytics to provide website reports and analysis.
Halldata Inc., Seattle, WA April 2005 – June 2006
- Setup and ran email campaigns using Constant Contact.
- Updated, maintained and created database for inventory and procedures.
- Setup and ran Google Analytics.
- Created internal Visual Basic applications.
Southern Utah University
BS in Computer Science
- Web Programming
- Data Structures
- Software Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence